1. We believe that the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are the inspired Word of God, written as men of God were moved by the Holy Spirit, are without error in the original writings, and are the final authority for Christian faith and life. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
2.We believe that God perfectly and eternally co-exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Acts 5:3,4; Hebrews 1:1-3).
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man, possessing both a divine nature and an unfallen human nature. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice for our sins, He rose again from the dead on the third day, and ascended into heaven, where he is now at the right hand of God the Father, ministering as our Great High Priest and Advocate before the Father. (Luke 1: 30-35; 1 Corinthians 15:3,4; Philippians 2:5-8; Hebrews 7:25,26; 1 John 2:1).
4. We believe that God the Holy Spirit is at work in these days convicting people of sin, righteousness, and judgment; that He indwells those who have trusted Jesus as their Savior, sealing them, teaching them, guiding them, and gifting/filling them for service. We believe that some of the gifts of the Spirit, including tongues, healings, and miraculous powers, have ceased. (John 14:6,7; 16:7-11; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; 13:8; Ephesians 1:13,14).
5. We believe humankind was created in the image of God and is therefore of infinite value, but by Adam’s act of disobedience, fell into sin and has consequently been eternally separated from God. Each child of Adam, because of their relationship to Adam and also because of their own eventual sinful behavior, is totally depraved and unable to restore their relationship with God. (Genesis 1:27; Romans 3:23; 5:12).
6. We believe that the only way a person’s relationship with God can be restored is by grace, through faith in Jesus Christ’s substitutionary death on the cross and His resurrection from the dead. As soon as a person puts their trust in Jesus as Savior, they receive the gift of eternal life, which can never be lost and will never be taken away from them. (John 10:28-30; Ephesians 2:8,9).
7. We believe that water baptism after conversion and the Lord’s Supper are the two ordinances to be observed by the church during the present age. (Matthew 28:19; 1 Corinthians 11:26).